Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:36:21 +0900
From:      "R. Imura" <imura@af.airnet.ne.jp>
To:        knu@idaemons.org
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/chinese Makefile.inc ports/german Makefile.inc         ports/japanese Makefile.inc ports/korean Makefile.inc         ports/russian Makefile.inc ports/vietnamese Makefile.inc

> I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
>
> 1) You mean a port should not include ${MASTERDIR}/../Makefile.inc?
> But we need to include it to have some category specific settings in
> future.

I meant no nead to include ${MASTERDIR}/../Makefile.inc.

Then what will be the category specific settings?
Do we have to move all CATEGORIES variables to Makefile.inc?
I don't like it.

> > >  * I think it'd be bad if every slave port were to be forced to include
> > >  * `${.CURDIR}/../Makefile.inc' for itself before including
> > >  * `${MASTERDIR}/Makefile', so I'd suggest we prepare some files as
> > >  * follows:
> >
> > I don't understand this part.
>
> We need to include both ${.CURDIR}/../Makefile.inc and
> ${MASTERDIR}/../Makefile.inc (in the order named) for the reason I
> mentioned above in 1).

Ok, you mean "after" or "before" is not the issue, right? :)

-- R. Imura
// my private mail address has changed.
// imura@cs.titech.ac.jp ====> imura@af.airnet.ne.jp /(-.-)y-~~