Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:00:19 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcmcia remove hang under 4.0-stable

I'm running 4.0-stable as of yesterday on my sony 505TR. Seems ok (after
the sysctl to switch it to pio to stop the ata timeouts).

It seems to run quite well but I've already had one hard hang from
removing a pcmcia ethernet card, an ed0 driver New Media 10/100 card;

  Card "New Media Corporation"("LiveWire 10/100")

I removed the card, saw no remove message. ifconfig -a showed it
thought the itnerface was still there. Re-inserted, hung solid. This
laptop would stay up for weeks with countless suspend/resumes and card
inserts/removals under 3.[34]-PAO with that card amongst others :/

Of course as soon as I compile the debugger in and reboot, I can't
reproduce it (same sequence I did before, same system suspends, etc)
and since I normally use X on my laptop I can't get into the debugger
randomly if it does hang ...

Is there any way to get into the debugger (apart from serial, I can't
really use a serial console on my laptop) while you're running X ?

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu