Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:45:24 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No audio until a volume change under 4.0

Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu> probably said:
> I've seen the "beepless" behavior on my 505TR under 4.0, too.
>
> For me, the secret turned out to be changing the *synth* level in the mixer
> app. It appears that the ESS driver in 4.0 incorrectly identifies the
> "speaker" channel of the 505TR as "synth".
>
> I'd expect this to be the same way on your machine, as well.

Wow, the ESS driver is pretty screwed up in general.

The mic level doesn't work (if I unmute it I get evil feedback since
it's full up) as well as the synth level controlling only the system
beep volume, nothing bar main controls the actual pcm output.

Very messed up.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu