Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 03:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.columbia.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.columbia.edu>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: announcing stackable file system templates and code generator

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0005090033010.82041-100000@freefall.freebsd.org>, Kris Kennaway writes:
> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Erez Zadok wrote:
>
> > No I don't, as I never tried it on top of one of those.  I mostly tried on
> > top of regular ffs mounted directories.  Can you try that to see if the
> > problems go away?  It'll help me narrow down the problem.  Tnx.
>
> Well, I feel stupid. These are *stacking* FSes, duh. I was trying to
> mount_foofs on a device (/dev/vn1c), not over a UFS-mounted directory.
>
> I've just tried that (over a UFS on a vn) and rot13fs at least seems to
> work fine.
>
> Kris
>
> ----
> In God we Trust -- all others must submit an X.509 certificate.
>     -- Charles Forsythe <forsythe@alum.mit.edu>

It would be excellent news to know that my 4.0 templates work with minor
changes on 5.0.

Do me a favor and try my standard test case on rot13fs or cryptfs: unpack
and build the latest am-utils (or emacs, or your favorite large compile job)
inside the stacked f/s.  If it passes a few runs, it's most likely ok.

Thanks,
Erez.