Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 22:02:12 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mcgovern@spoon.beta.com
Subject:   Re: Accessing [non dynamic] symbols in shared library/_init and _fini

[snip]
 > You'll need to link with -export-dynamic for your main program's
 > symbols to be visible.

Yup. Was right in the man page, and I went right over it (NOTES section).

 > For shared libraries initilization at link time you'll have to look
 > harder, I found it once but I can't remeber how to do it.

I looked harder. Again, its in the man page, but I wasn't interpreting the
errors correctly. _init() and _fini() can be in the library, and they're
called when loaded/unloaded. You just have to link with -nostdlib to get rid
of the crt0 definitions. Now everything is working like a charm :)
	-Brian