Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 09:21:37 +0200
From:      Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommendations for Win emulation ...

> > On Tue, 30 May 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > > I'd like to be able to run my required Win apps without having to
> > > dual-boot, if I can at all help it, so am wondering what would be the best

Sorry for being a bit late to answer but I had the same problem and solved
it by having a POSIX subsystem running on top of Windows 2000. No
dual-booting, xterms and screen whereever I go, enough GNU stuff to wonder
why the FSF is caring more to have lots of packages on their list instead of
applying quality management...

The only thing to make you sick is its SVR4ishness; someone should redo it
and turn it into BSD. But even without that you'll be able to run your Unix
apps on Windows.

Achim