Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:27:27 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote GDB *still* buggy...

>On Wednesday, 14 June 2000 at 11:05:41 -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>> I still can't get remote GDB to work correctly in a 5.0-current
>> environment at speeds greater than 9600bps.  Is anyone else
>> experiencing similar results?  I thought that grog had fixed this...
>
>So did I.  Are you just getting hangs?  What kind of UART?

On which side of the connection?  I'm using my Thinkpad 770X
as the GDB host and it says:

sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A

On the machine I'm trying to debug, a Dell Precision 410, I have:
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A

I suppose I could rip open the case to try and find what part they
put on the motherboard for the 16550 support, but I'm had similar
results with other machines.

In GDB, you see some message about "malformed messages" and you
can't seem to do anything.  The other odd part is that speeds up
to even 115200 work just fine up until the point that interrupt services
are enabled.  Then your hosed.

--
Justin