Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/19535: procfs_rlimit tidyup

The following reply was made to PR kern/19535; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:49:22 +0200

 On Tue, Jun 27, 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:
 > <<On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:12:45 +0200 (CEST), adrian@FreeBSD.ORG said:
 >
 > > +	psbuf = (char *)malloc(512 * sizeof(char), M_TEMP, M_WAITOK);
 >
 > sizeof(char) is defined to be 1.

 Being pedantic.

 > > +		/* XXX conservative, but potentially overflowable */
 >
 > It should be possible to compute the exact buffer size.  Since this
 > code is not frequently run, I would suggest that a two-pass approach
 > would not hurt.

 I'm going to go through later on and redo this repeated evilness in
 procfs. I thought I'd submit this change now to get rid of the
 blantant hacks.

 Adrian

 --
 Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
 <adrian@FreeBSD.org>		rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and