Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:16:25 -0700
From:      "David P. Reese Jr." <daver@gomerbud.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install on a PackardBell Axcel 488

I'm trying to install 4.0 RELEASE on my PackardBell.  Booting always hangs
as it probes the isa0 device.  This is how far the boot gets:

avail memory = 18669568 (18232K bytes)
Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc05e7000.
Preloaded mfs_root "/mfsroot" at 0xc05e7084.
md0: Preloaded image </mfsroot> 2949120 bytes at 0xc0315b98
md1: Malloc disk
mpx0: <math processor> on motherboard
mpx0: INT16 interface
isa0: <ISA bus> on motherboard  <-- thats where it hangs

I've tried disabling everything but the disks, keyboard, and console.  I did
drop an Intel Overdrive 100MHz Processor in the box.  Does anyone know if
there have been problems with this chip?

Any ideas?

--
David P. Reese Jr.
daver@gomerbud.com - gomerbud@ductape.net - dpreese@calpoly.edu