Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:47:16 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make yerkernels

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 13:33 -0500, Shawn Barnhart wrote:

> I guess I don't care which tools I use, so long as they do the
> right thing, and, most importantly THAT THE METHODS ARE TOTALLY
> DOCUMENTED WITH ALL THE QUIRKS IN THE FSCK'N HANDBOOK AND NOT
> JUST IN THE MAILING LIST ARCHIVE!

Which is the point where you will get (for a very good reason) as
an answer:

"Contribute to make this happen (more quickly and closer to
development)!  Read the list, compare it to the doc and feedback
your diffs to update the latter.  Or pay someone else to do this.
Or pick up somebody else's work to free his / her resources for
the doc update.  Don't say 'somebody should ... since I expect to
find' but do something to make it more probable to happen!"

The alternative would be to take the (maybe not absolutely up to
date) doc which came with your installation media and complete it
with the online resources available for this very purpose.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net