Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:48:56 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun mouse on FreeBSD...?

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 04:31:25PM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:
> I was disappointed to find out that Mouse Systems seems to be out of
> business.
>
> Has anyone hacked up a Sun optical mouse to work with FreeBSD?
>
> The electronics shouldn't be difficult, but I was wondering if someone had
> hacks to make moused understand the Sun mouse protocol.  I seem to recall
> it as being fairly simple...

There are converters who do it the other way around: PS/2 mouse to Sun.
So I suppose it cannot be too difficult to translate one into the other
(all 'mouse beeps' born equal? ;-). I don't have details on how it is done
though. You might want to try http://www.sunhelp.org

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl