Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:19:45 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.ca>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000). ARGH!

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 07:08:27PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I do occasionally get this under both RELENG_3 and RELENG_4 machines
> > running moused and X when using logictech ps2 mice.  I haven't had
> > it happen with non-logictech mice......
>
> I should note that I'm also using Logitech (MouseMan) PS/2 mice
> in all these situations.  Sorry, it's my standard mouse. :)

FWIW, I've got a Logitech Pilot (3-button) PS/2 and I *very*
occasionally see the ``psmintr: out of sync'' message in the console
but have *never* noticed any strange mouse behaviour (it fixes itself
immediately?) and this has only occurred in fairly recent (last couple
of months) versions of -STABLE.

moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

and in /etc/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

> - Jordan

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?