Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 01:07:04 CDT
From:      "Steve Dispensa" <dispensa@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Followup:  pthreads + bpf

After some additional tinkering, it seems like the combination of bpf and
pthreads causes the cpu to go to 100%.  I can compile tcpdump normally and
it idles at 0% cpu, but if I add the -pthread switch to gcc and relink, it's
a 100% cpu situation again.  Just guessing here, it seems like when the
interface is in promiscuous mode and ioctl'd by bpf calls, read() is
returning on no packet rather than blocking as it should, which is causing a
busy-loop.  Am I off track here?  Any advice?

TIA.

--Steve