Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:44:31 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone having dial-up problem with sendmail 8.11.0 ? (FIXED)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 16:19 +0200, Philippe CASIDY wrote:

> I am proud to say that I solved my problem. But not proud at
> all of the solution.
>
> During the merge performed by mergemaster it replaces (well, I
> told him to) the entries for the localhost.
> Instead of
> 127.0.0.1 localhost greatoak.home
> I had
> 127.0.0.1 localhost myname.my.domain
> not exactly this but this is the idea.

It's generally considered a Bad Idea(TM) anyway to have any other
name assigned to 127.x.x.x but localhost.  Just don't do so and
assign a "real" address to your NIF and name your machine
appropriately.  Even if you don't get official IPs from ARIN and
friends, RFC1918 has plenty of them for your toying ...

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net