Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:53:03 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Floppy does not work now

Hello everybody!

I have upgraded to this morning's (CEST) -CURRENT (must have been around
07:00 UTC). Build and installworld went fine, kernel built succesfully. I
did not change anything in the kernel config from the previous run
(which was on 15th September) but when I rebooted with the new kernel, the
floppy drive was not probed, and the fdc simply said:

fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

Now, this is funny, I have never experienced anything like this on
FreeBSD:-) I do not know if this is a known issue (if so, tell me to RTFM)
but if not, maybe someone may have an idea... I certainly have

device   fdc

in my kernel config and the appropriate hints in my hints file.

Output of 'boot -v', kernel config and hints file are available and I shall
be happy to include all info you might need but simply I am at a loss
here...

Datapoint: No other issues have been sighted here recently, certainly none
of the 'microuptime() went back...' stuff.

Thanks for your time!
--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM