Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:59:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@mail.hiwaay.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, gmarco@giovannelli.it
Subject:   Re:  Ghost like programs

Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it> writes:

> I'd like to know if we (FreeBSD users and fans) have a "ghost-like" program
> that can dump entire slice in a single file in a smart way.

I think you are trying too hard. What are you trying to do that

	dump 0af /scratch/filesystem.dump /filesystem

doesn't do? (/scratch/ is some place you have room for an image
of /filesystem/) Then if you want to get fancy you can pipe dump
into gzip. If /scratch/ has at least twice the size of /filesystem/
then you can gzip after the fact.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)