Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:13:47 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        peter@netplex.com.au (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com, kris@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/i4b/isdnd controller.c curses.c exec.c log.c main.c monitor.c pcause.c rates.c

From the keyboard of Peter Wemm:

> Speaking of which, it would be helpful if you gave us a brief idea of what
> your expectations are..  Obviously you still have a lot of interest in this
> code.  Are trivial commits ok? (eg: warning fixes)  What about the inevitible
> tree sweeps from SMPng API changes?

The move from a separate package to a little piece of source code in a much
larger tree was motivated mainly by the fact that it became very difficult
and time consuming for me alone to follow all the changes affecting i4b
directly and/or indirectly. The second factor was that it took more time
to coordinate changes with the other BSD's than to write new code.

I expect that i4b is handled like every other piece of code in the tree,
feel free to make committs to it like you do to any other piece of code in
the tree. This includes trivial commits as well as tree sweeps.

If i had two wishes free:

First, it has always been that i4b runs on current and on stable and i
want to keep this (in fact all of the machines i run i4b on are -stable
machines) - so it would be nice to enclose -current specific changes into
ifdefs (i will remove from time to time old ifdefed code, this is a task
for me in the next time to remove 3.x specific code).

Second, if there are functional changes or changes where the possibility
exists that the functionality can be touched, it would be nice if this
could be tested by someone who actually runs i4b and that may not be
necessarily me.

I hope i can now concentrate more on enhancing the functionality of i4b
instead of killing most of my time taking care of all the nitty gritty
around it.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77