Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:07:19 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@urania.westgate.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   error: "This ports uses old layout"

I've recently recompiled my 4.1-STABLE installation to 4.1.1-STABLE and
installed world last night [also updated my /etc directory with
mergemaster].  The uname output is:

    % uname -a
    FreeBSD urania.westgate.gr 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #0: \
      Mon Oct 23 10:25:55 EEST 2000   \
      root@gray.westgate.gr:/usr/src/sys/compile/GRAY  i386

Then, I cvsup'ed my ports tree with the following supfile (as intructed
by /usr/src/UPDATING):

    *default host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org
    *default base=/usr
    *default prefix=/usr
    *default release=cvs tag=.
    *default delete use-rel-suffix
    *default compress
    ports-all

But when I try to install /usr/ports/net/netcat I get:

    urania# make
    Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk.
    *** Error code 1
    [...]

What gives?  Are ports still being updated to the new layout?  Did I
miss anything in my build/install-world cycle?  The version
of bsd.port.mk that I have in /usr/share/mk is including
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, and that file is revision 1.356

    # $FreeBSD: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk,v 1.356 2000/10/17 10:11:16 asami Exp $

which according to the CVS repository at:

    http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk

is the latest version.

Well, I will try rebuilding it all tonight, and reinstall my `world',
but if this fails, I am at a loss :-/

Anybody know why this happens, or at least what I should do next?