Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:22:38 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Zvezdelin Vladov <zvezdi_v@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH Upgrade Problems! ( Security related)

On 10/25/00, 4:04:11 PM, Zvezdelin Vladov <zvezdi_v@yahoo.com> wrote
regarding OpenSSH Upgrade Problems! ( Security related):

> Hello!

> I have tried few times to
> cvsup the cvs-crypto group of sources
            ^^^^^^^^^^
            ^^^^^^^^^^

> where openssh lies in.

<snip>

> Cvsup to internat.freebsd.org says:
> cvs-crypto: no such collection.

AFAIR, the organization of the FreeBSD CVS repository changed a number
of weeks ago -- by the way, CVS stands for Concurrent Version System
(of RCS files: RCS ~ Revision Control System).

More precisely, src-all now includes all the crypto
collections/material. This is because there are fewer restrictions on
crypto stuff :-)

> Commenting-out cvs-crypto and pointing by
> src-secure
> src-....
> etc. didn't work. Not even on any other
> cvsup server. (have tried both with 4.x-stable
> 4.x-secure-stable) and most of the uk's cvsup servers.

Which is perfectly correct. These collections no longer exist. In
particular, /usr/src/UPDATING (on my FreeBSD-4.1.1-S system) says:

20000711:
        If you use CVSUP or CTM to get CVS trees, AND you used to get
        the old crypto files from internat.freebsd.org AND you check
        out files from the CVS tree with the cvs command, please read
                http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/internat.txt
        for details on potential problems that you might have and how
        to get around them.

        If you are merely a mirror, or don't answer yes to each of the
        clauses above, you needn't worry.

Moreover, information on this topic is found in the mail archives.

If you cvsup src-all and you don't get the crypto stuff, then, by all
means, whine :-)

HTH,
Salvo