Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:07:36 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: If you come only once, you've been cheated.

* Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@efn.org> [20010104 12:16]: writing on the subject 'Re: If you come only once, you've been cheated.'
=>Neil Blakey-Milner rearranged electrons thusly:
=>
=>> Not to mention people who post with other addresses than what they
=>> receive mail (including me), and getting the postmaster to cater for
=>> these on an individual basis is not going to be fun for him or us.
=>
=>Oh well :(  (btw, re posting and receiving mail with different addresses, as
=>you use mutt, setting folder hooks to change from / envelope from is trivial,
=>ditto with newer pines, eudora, outlook express, even <g>)

Hi Suresh, a li'le question on mutt <I've read the mutt manual but
where?>, would you, in all your kindness, tell me the attribution_string/
indent_string that would pick only someone's first_name or last_name?
e.g. if I use

set indent_string="%n>" it would indent all mail replies to you with

Suresh Ramasubramanian>
Suresh Ramasubramanian>
Suresh Ramasubramanian>

Suppose I just wanted to pick one out and have

Suresh>
Suresh>

Any ideas?? My attribution picks both names and some guys, like me, have
names as long as "Odhiambo Washington" or like you ;-)

Best regards..

=>
=>	--suresh
=>
=>--
=>Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
=>EMail Sturmbannfuhrer, Lower Middle Class Unix Sysadmin
=>
=>
=>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
=>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

When you do a good deed, get a receipt, in case heaven is like the IRS.