Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:04:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        luser@ahab.com, roelof@nisser.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2 STABLE: libssl.so undef: sk_X509_NAME_value

This is great!  For those of us who do NFS based installworlds it
would be nice to be able to specify the processor manually as the
compiling machine may be different than the target machines.  How does
this affect the CDs?  What architecture will you specify?

Very cool - dun me for a pizza (and beer) when it's out.  :)

- Mike Harding

   Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:45:16 -0800
   From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
   Cc: luser@ahab.com, roelof@nisser.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
   Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

   --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

   On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:07:15PM -0800, Mike Harding wrote:
   >=20
   > I wish that the port were still available - the source version of
   > openssl is C code only and runs at half the speed of the assembly
   > version that the port built.  This is a real web server killer.

   Stay tuned - I'm planning to merge the code I recently added to
   -current to fix this, in time for 4.3.  As a bonus, it automatically
   adds the right -march=3D<foo> flags to CFLAGS when compiling the
   world/kernel, too.

   Kris

   --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

   --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--