Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:20:47 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

> > > Ive spoken with Mr Johnson several times. hes the biggest reason that BSDI
> > > is what it is. Amazing that hes still there. He has no concept of what the
> > > market wants. First he wanted to challenge microsoft (at similar prices)
> > > for the server market now he wants to be redhat. funny guy.
> >
> >If you're unhappy with the results you're getting from Gary, try calling
> >Kirk McKusick.  Keep kicking people.
>
> Wait. Isn't "kicking people" what I'm getting beat up for in this thread?

Not specifically; it's kicking the *wrong* people, which is usually what
gets people upset.

Like I said before, you're on the mark with your problem description,
just missing it with your solution.  At any rate, in case you missed it,
Jonathan Lemon has offered to take up the maintenance of the fxp driver,
and if you have samples of the offending hardware, you should forward
them to him

You might want to coordinate with Larry Baird at GTA (lab@gta.com, AFAIR)
to make sure you don't double up.  I can vouch for Jonathan's reliability
and competence; I've also sent him hardware in the past with good results.

> I dont call BSDI (anymore). Its generally a waste of time.

I wish I could offer anything in their defense. 8(

Regards,
Mike