Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:41:49 +0100
From:      Thomas Klein <gourdin@cuckoos.net>
To:        cg@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pcm drivers

hello,

I'm using freebsd 4.3 (stable) up to date => cvsup 03-15-2001

my config : Athlon 600
	    Asutek motherboard
	    256 Mo RAM PC100
	    sound card : Sound blaster PCI 128

My problem is that when i play a sound file, mp3 or wav, doesn't matter, the sound isn't as good as under linux or netBSD.

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

i'll try to explain me :

the sound is crackly, with some saturations...

i try to use mpg123 or xmms 1.2.4 (last port version), and the problem is still the same...

So, someone did say to me to report that problem on this list.

thanks in advance and Thank you for your great work

Thomas