Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 22:13:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Ken Gordon <ken@magneticscrolls.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: prismII for 4.x

In message <20010405031453.J17723@fw.wintelcom.net> Alfred Perlstein writes:
: Let me also state that I'm still having a real hard time getting
: two addrons to talk to each other, I usually wind up bringing one
: host up and then the other locks up while doing what seems like
: negotiation with newly brought up card.

The Prism II driver for Linux has problems in ad-hoc mode.  Maybe we
have a similar problem?  I am going addtron <-> oronoco gold in ad
hoc.  My Intel card doesn't work in ad-hoc mode, but works great in
infrastructure mode.  My 3COM card hangs the machine hard.  Although I
see that Alfred has reduced the timeout to 2 seconds rather than 55
minutes.  Maybe I'll try again.

: Warner seems to have no problems, so maybe it's an addtron<->addtron
: thing, or he's just not able to reproduce the problem i'm having.

I'm unsure what the problem.  I'm doing the same thing that he's
doing.

Warner