Date:      25 Apr 2001 23:28:04 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk, RS <khalel1@yahoo.com>, Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptops

I have a sharp pc ax20 laptop (PIII 600, 196mb ram, 12 Gig HD, 10.2" screen,
1.5 kilos) on board ethernet (rtl 8139), onboard modem (winmodem may work never
tried). video card all work perfectley well. It's my main workstation the only
hacking around I had to do was download and install the ich.c device driver for
my sound card (intel 440 sound).

Cheers,

Mark

On 25 Apr 2001 15:51:30 +0100, Wayne Pascoe said:

:: RS <khalel1@yahoo.com> writes:
::
::  > Im in the market to get a Laptop to run FreeBSD. I was
::  > thinking of picking up a Sony laptop.  I wanted to
::  > know does anyone have experience with freebsd and
::  > laptop's?  Or is there a link out there that shows
::  > freebsd supported laptops?
::
::  I'm in the process of getting the Z600-HEK. I'm hoping that the
::  ethernet module built into the laptop is compatible. If not I'll just
::  go pcmcia. I think that the rest of the beast should work.
::

--
Mark Sergeant
Unix Systems Administrator

Fortune follows...

The hearing ear is always found close to the speaking tongue, a custom
whereof the memory of man runneth not howsomever to the contrary,
nohow.