Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 07:38:44 +0000
From:      "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 on thinkpad A21p --it works!

wayne wiggled,

> > p.s.  HOw long should this take to compile on a p3/850  ?

> Took me about 5 hours with download times over an ISDN line on a
> piii800. I'm not sure how much of that was download time and how much
> of that was build time.

ddownload time, it appears :)  I have it running as I type.

I had to do a search and find a page about linux installation.

There's a usable /etc/XF86Config at http://www.zhlive.ch/XF86Config

You have to modify it to use /dev/psm0 instead of /dev/mouse, or
it flies off the  right edge of the screen. Ignore that
it's for 1400xsomething; it yields 11600x1200!

I have no idea whether I'm in 16 or 32 bit (or even 24). But after
years of 8 bit on small screens . . . I'm in heaven . . .

And the middle (lower actually) button works!

Thanks.

I suppose now I should write up a quick page, but I"ll wait till
we've mastered sound and the modem, I think.

hawk