Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 07:15:57 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Toni Heinonen <Toni.Heinonen@teleware.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heimdal port / base install

[Note:   If you  have a  problem with  a port,  please either  CC: the
 maintainer on  the problem, or better  yet open a PR.   I would never
 have seen your message if it  hadn't been mentioned in some other PR.
 I had to go look it up in the archives.]

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 07:09:34PM +0300, Toni Heinonen wrote:
> The pam_krb5 port says that the base install heimdal package is broken.
> Why isn't this mentioned in the install phase?

I don't  understand what you are  asking here.  What exactly  does the
pam_krb5 port `say'?

> Why isn't there  a man page for krb5.conf, kadmind,  etc in the base
> package?

What do  you mean by  `base package'?  Both  the base system  and both
Kerberos ports (MIT & Heimdal) install man pages for Kerberos.

> The heimdal _port_ itself seems to be broken too on vanilla 4.3 too:

I just built it here on a freshly-installed 4.3-RELEASE.

> root@lumi [/root] $ cd /usr/ports/security/heimdal/
> root@lumi [heimdal] $ make
> ===>  Building for heimdal-0.3e_1
> Making all in include
[ ... snip ... ]
> libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
> *** Error code 1

Perhaps you could forward the complete output (including that from the
configure stage)?  Additionally, the config.log file that is generated
in the working directory will be useful.

I notice that  you and the submitter of PR  ports/27490 (which reports
the same problem) are outside of the  US.  Could it be that you do not
have  OpenSSL installed  (as part  of the  base system)?   Perhaps the
port's  logic for  using the  included  libdes vs  OpenSSL was  broken
somewhere along the way.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org