Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 13:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Apple]RE: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

--- Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> wrote:

> 		Who's buying iMacs?
>
> 		According to the research, says Jobs, 28% of iMac customers are
> 		first time buyers (meaning that they've never owned a computer
> 		before), and Wintel switchers account for another 17% - a total
> 		of 45% new customers. Jobs noted that 88% of iMac customers were
> 		on the Internet (two thirds of them getting there the first
> 		day), and that 65% have already purchased something online.
> 		Interestingly enough, 61% had said they did not consider
> 		anything else before buying an iMac.
>
> 	Sounds pretty convincing to me.

Are you still living in 2000? How many percent of your gynaecologist
clients are on Internet? Very convincing.... Sory, couldn't help, but
you are arguing with yourself. When I told you about tax write-offs
that are in effect since late XX century, you 'explain' to me what
_should_ happen. That's exactly what already had happened - market
share shrinks. We are no talking about belief vs belief, we are talking
money. You did not even know about that aspect, did you? But you have
to sound very authorative. Then you go on with some analyst as an
argument. Better talk to an APPL options MM at CBOE if you are that
smart. I was a spoo MM on CME floor and used Newton 2100 as my calc pad
for arbs. I was the only one with Newton there, so you can ask people
around and they'd tell you. Any PR VP learned about a year ago to
exctract 'dot-com' and 'analyst' out of any promo schpiel, Apple hasn't
done this with iMac and it's Apple's problem. Do you use iMac? Are you
12 y. o.? the fucking baby boomers with their farsightedness can't see
anything on the poor quality screens.

So many techies are clueless when it comes to finances, and god saw
it's good. they have no clue what financial classes are, what
correlation with R/R is, etc.

keep repeating after Stevie, other repeat after JFC, Shiva, Buddha and
Vadimchik Zlotnikov. btw, you could look at maccentral.com if you ARE
qualified by some authority to talk about this, and see that even they
have confused themselves with 'analsts' blabber. The only difference
betwen you and any analyst is how to get there. And please don't double
post to me and the list. It's about time for an Architect to learn a
few things.