Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:46:04 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Wyatt Banks <banksw@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-Winmodem Non PnP Modem configuration

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:54:35 -0400 (EDT)  Wyatt Banks wrote:
 +------------------
 | I'm having a bit of trouble configuring my USR 56k 5687 internal ISA
 | modem.  It's not a winmodem and not plug and play.  This is the line I see
 | in my dmesg:
 | sio4: <U.S. Robotics 56K FAX INT> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5 on isa0
 +------------------

Do have sio[0123] also in dmesg?  Anyway sio4 is going to
map to /dev/cuaa4. I think that by default you only get cuaa0 to
cuaa3.  You might have to use MAKEDEV to create that device file for
you.

    cd /dev
    ./MAKEDEV cuaa4

You might also have to make some changes in /etc/remotes.

Good Luck

--
    Chris Fedde