Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:16:32 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the handbook index on www.freensd.org is missing some chapters

  The chapters in question are moving from the Handbook to the
Developer's Handbook.  I removed the references to those chapters from
the Handbook and asked for a "repository-copy" several days ago but
this still hasn't happened.  In any case, the top level table of
contents is valid.  There appears to be a small problem with the
automatic web updates in that the old content is not removed first
(with, 'make clean') before the new content is copied over.  So you've
bookmarked an old page that still works, while everything else has
been updated to no longer reference that page.  I hope that someone
from the web team will correct this so that updates happen properly.
I've pestered cvs@FreeBSD.org again and I'm sincerely sorry that
something I thought would be so easy has caused so much confusion.

     - Murray

--

	- Murray