Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:54:15 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with "rmuser"

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

After a cvsupping and doing complete update yesterday, I now have a very
funny problem - I can't remove users!

everest# rmuser test2
Matching password entry:
test2:RUgtD0aLuma/E:5259:1004::0:0:Test Two:/home/test2:/nonexistent

Is this the entry you wish to remove? y

Remove user's home directory (/home/test2)? y

Removing user's at jobs:Updating password file,
/usr/sbin/rmuser: Error: Couldn't open file :
 No such file or directory

everest# locate rmuser
/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/adduser/rmuser.8.gz
/usr/sbin/rmuser
/usr/share/man/man8/rmuser.8.gz
/usr/src/usr.sbin/adduser/rmuser.8
/usr/src/usr.sbin/adduser/rmuser.perl

everest# ls -al /usr/sbin/rmuser
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  16350 Jul 31 11:50 /usr/sbin/rmuser

Is there something wierd I might have done?

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Gyroscope, n.: A wheel or disk mounted to spin rapidly about an axis and al=
so=20
free to rotate about one or both of two axes perpendicular to each other an=
d=20
the axis of spin so that a rotation of one of the two mutually perpendicula=
r=20
axes results from application of torque to the other when the wheel is=20
spinning and so that the entire apparatus offers considerable opposition=20
depending on the angular momentum to any torque that would change the=20
direction of the axis of spin.=20
-Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary=20
(contributed by Chris Johnston)=20

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF--