Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:37:38 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Subject:   Re: emachines power off-on

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 11:10:02AM -0400, Stephen Hovey wrote:

> There is a setting in the bios to have it not power down.
>
> There is a surge safety feature that does require a power cord pull and
> push to get the power back on.. because after an outage sometimes power
> remains flaky for several minutes.

	The surge safety feature is wise because having the
	power glich off, then (2 seconds later) *on* fried a
	9GB SCSI drive a couple years ago!

	I'm all for any well-engineered and well-thought-out
	idea.... so long as it doesn't slow me down too much.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix