Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:44:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Valentino Vaschetto <logo@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security chapter.sgml

logo        2001/09/12 14:44:24 PDT

  Modified files:
    en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security chapter.sgml
  Log:
  - Added a note at the top of the document telling readers that we will
    be talking about both protocols and command/applications. One example
    here is when we talk about ssh. In same cases, ssh is referred to as the
    protocol, some cases it's referred to as the actual command. It shows the
    reader that <application>bold</application> will be used for commands/
    applications, and plain text will be used for protocols.
  - Added a bit about how to make sshd not permit direct root logins
  - Replaced <literal> tags with <groupname> tags when talking about wheel
  - "*'ing" out passwords changed to "staring" out passwords, all instances.
  - Wrapped any instances of * in <quote> tags, or replaced them with "star"
  - Wrapped popper in <application> tags
  - When talking about ssh as a protocol, unwrapped the <application> tags
  - Changed <literal> to <varname> when talking about variables
  - Added commas throughout the chapter
  - Changed GRONDAR.ZA to EXAMPLE.COM just because that's what we've been
    using for example domain names.
  - Put usernames in <username> tags

  Reviewed by:	murray,chern

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.78      +91 -80    doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security/chapter.sgml