Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:12:19 -0700
From:      "Eric Davis" <edavis@electricrain.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMware 2 on 4.4 release...

I am having a problem configuring VMwware 2.  When trying
to configure it using the wiard I get errors saying the I
don't have access to /dev/hda, /dev/hdb, /dev/hdc, etc.

If I just use the manual configuration tool then I get errors
saying the /dev/hda device is not configured.

Here are the disk devices in /compat/linux/dev:

brw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel    0, 0x00010002 Sep 26 22:45 hda
brw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel    0, 0x0001000a Sep 26 22:45 hdb

I installed vmware via the vmware2 emulator port.

Thanks,
- e

--
   Eric Davis