Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:16:58 -0400
From:      Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nethack questions

i know this might not be the right place to be asking this, if it's not would someone please foward it to the correct mailing list?

whenever i get killed in gtk-nethack it shows my tombstone and then locks up tight..i have to manually kill it.  then the xterm that i ran it shows the following message

Waiting for access to record. (3 retries left)....

is starts at about 50 and works it's way down to 9 then asks if maybe there is an old record_lock laying around.  then is says "Broken Pipe" and returns me to the shell.

this is a single user machine.
whats up?

nathan