Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/31135: /bin/df reporting 'NaNB' as a Size.

The following reply was made to PR bin/31135; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To: Joe Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:23:50 -0700

 On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:06:27PM +0100, Joe Karthauser wrote:
 > 	I've just had the strangest output from 'df':
 >
 > 	% while test /tmp; do df -h /data; sleep 5; done
 > 	[cut]
 > 	Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 > 	/dev/ad0s2h     10G   9.5G    72M    99%    /data
 > 	Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 > 	/dev/ad0s2h    NaNB   9.5G    69M    99%    /data
 > 	               ^^^^
 > 	Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 > 	/dev/ad0s2h     10G   9.5G    72M    99%    /data
 > 	[cut]

 Can you reproduce this? Looking through src/bin/df/df.c, I can't see
 what type of exceptional condition could sneak through. There are some
 checks for "impossible" conditions. It's hard to see how the 'size'
 can be messed up and yet the 'used' is OK since 'size' is used to
 calculate 'used.' And obviously, the size of your file system is not
 changing between df(1) runs.
                                          cjclark@jhu.edu
                                          cjc@freebsd.org