Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:27:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        leifn@neland.dk
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "fuzzy" reverse dns for web-logs.

On 30 Okt, Leif Neland wrote:

> I'm in Europe, and I'd like to be able to break down the webstatistics
> in countries.
> But now, webalizer takes ages to process the logs, when I want to do
> reverse lookups.

Try modlogan (ports/textproc/modlogan), it has DNS caching.
Or resolve the IPs before you feed the logs into webalizer, there's a
script named ip2host.pl () which does several lookups in parallel. Very
fast. Sorry I have no URL for it at the moment.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.