Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:40:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "W. Desjardins" <bill@carracing.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   upsd & logging

Hello,

I looked in the archives and read the syslog manpages, but still cant find
what I am looking for. Also, I could not find any useful docs on upsd
configuration so if someone has a pointer to config docs for upsd I would
appreciate it :)

I have upsd running fine and it logs to the local syslog as well as
logging to a central log server. I added confgs to syslog to log upsd to
its own file and that is working fine, but what I would like to do is
stop all logging of upsd to the main messages file. the logs are just
cluttering up the file and it makes it harder to scan for other messages.
upsd is logging under daemon, but I dont want to remove those from
messages due to other daemons that I still want to log there.

Is it possible to stop just the upsd program from logging to
/var/log/messages and log only to its own log file?

TIA,

Bill