Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:22:48 +1100 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pam_smb_auth for an XDM login?

Hi.

OUr primary NOS at work is NT.  I'd like ot be able to
enable users to log onto the diskless FreeBSD
configuration I've set up by using their regular NT
username and password.
Is this actually possible?  If not is this something
that will be doable sometime in the near future?
If this is possible currently then how is the system
configured to allow this to occur?  Do I need to still
create a user accoutn on the FreeBSD system, for each
individual user or is there some way to set this up
'on the fly'.
I've done some mailing list searches but there's not
much traffic on pam_smb and the messages that I did
find were a little old.  Is anyone out there using
this type of configuration anywhere? Care to share the
details?

Thanks,
Paul

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase