Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:36:39 -0400 (AST)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bsb@iSpheric.com>
To:        Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Emulation Troubles

Volker:

Of course.  I also read the numerous other threads on -stable regarding
recently broken kernel builds.  But like I was saying, my kernel builds
just fine, and installs without any reported errors.  Its when I try to
run 'linux' from the shell, or through /etc/rc.conf that I see the
messages I noted.

Cheers,
Bryan

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Volker Stolz wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:19:33 +0100
> From: Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
> To: Bryan Bursey <bsb@iSpheric.com>
> Cc: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Linux Emulation Troubles
>
> In local.freebsd-stable, you wrote:
> > A recent buildworld (I believe around 21-Nov-2001) seems to have botched
> > Linux emulation on me.  Since then I've tried unsuccessfully to fix it,
> > including several build/install-world, build/install-kernel which went
>
> Did you read /usr/src/UPDATING?

| Bryan Bursey                     | Phone:  902.445.3007 (Home)     |
| iSpheric ISP                     | Fax:    902.425.7646            |
| Halifax, Nova Scotia             | Email:  bsb@iSpheric.com        |