Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:17:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Uptime not so good after all -- why does my net connection go dead?

Hello:

# /sbin/arp -d <IP of router>
# /sbin/ping -q -c 4 <IP of router>

This should "revive" the dead connection.  If it happens a lot, put the
commands in /etc/crontab to run every five minutes.

Do drop the FreeBSD versus Windows NT rhetoric.

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386
 3:55PM  up 32 days, 24 mins, 1 user, load averages: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00