Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:04:50 -0700
From:      z thompson <cublai@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvidia driver

Well, I built and installed the nvidia driver today according to
Matthew's README. I was doing this through ssh and, naturally, when I
tried to load the nvidia module bye bye connection ;)

So I found when I got home that my machine had been rebooting for half
an hour, getting a panic when trying to load linux binary compat.  Is
that what the compat_linux.patch is for? If so, how do I apply it? Or
does this driver only run under linux_enable=NO?

Thanks for the help,
Zach Thompson