Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:39:30 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.22/mod_ssl 2.8.5/php 4.1.1 imap authentication fa

Hi Karl!

On 18 Jan 02 at 14:56 you wrote:

> everything works very fine except that the webmail part on the
> webserver doesnt work with php4.1.1. i get an cram-md5 error in
> the log when authenticating againat the local cyrus imap server
> running sasl with mysql. when i stop apache and include
> php4.0.4pl1 then everything works like a charme. replacing
> libphp4.so against the 4.1.1 version and imap auth fails again.
> compiled without imap-ssl.

FWIW, I just updated my webmail server (running IMP 2.2.5 webmail
suite and Cyrus IMAP server with Cyrus SASL authentication) from
PHP 4.0.6 to 4.1.1, in preparation of forthcoming upgrade to IMP
3.0.

I seem to have no problems with PHP 4.1.1. But I compiled Apache
from sources, not from ports. I know that I Really Should Be using
ports, but I find it very hard to figure out how to get Apache
with *both* mod_ssl and mod_php4 statically compiled in from
ports, and with PHP needing IMAP support compiled into it.

> to make sure it is not my webmail script which causes the error i
> installed imp/horde for testing. same results. 4.0.4pl1 works and 4.1.1
> doesnt.

As said IMP 2.2.5 works fine here with this version of PHP.

> are there any know problems with the constellation of 1.3.22/2.8.5/4.1.1 ??

FWIW, I was unable to build Apache 1.3.22 + mod_ssl 2.8.5 from
sources (see my recent wailing on modssl-users list :-), so I now
have Apache 1.3.20 + mod_ssl 2.8.4 + mod_php4 ver 4.1.1.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* A woman's husband's previous wife is called her 'wife-in-law.'