Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:01:40 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        Ladislav Kostal <ladislav.kostal@fem.uniag.sk>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ultra160 SCSI

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Bill Moran wrote:

BM> > I found some notice in ahc(4) driver man page, that U160 SCSI at full
BM> > speed (160MB/s) is not supported (limited to 80MB/s). Is it still true
BM> > or is there some other driver with support for U160?
BM>
BM> You're looking at outdated information. I have three systems running U160
BM> at full speed.
BM> I don't remember which version of FreeBSD started to support full spped
BM> U160, but if you're not running 4.4, you may want to upgrade before trying.

If this is true, then src/share/man/man4/ahc.4 (rev 1.22.2.7) is a bit
outdated:

-- 8< --
Double Transition clocking is not yet supported for Ultra160 controllers.
This limits these controllers to 40MHz or 80MB/s.
-- 8< --

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]