Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:02:52 -0600
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.2.0

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 02:25 pm, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 02:23:42PM -0600, David Syphers wrote:
> > This has probably been asked, but I'm not on -ports and the archives
> > don't update that fast - why was XFree86-4 kicked from 4.2.0_1 to
> > 4.1.0_12?  I built 4.2.0_1 last night and seem to be running it without
> > problems.
> >
> > Please cc:.
>
> Some people have had problems, and its not been tested enough for
> -RELEASE, it should be upgraded again after the ports freeze.

Thanks for the info - and I take back what I said about no problems.
Yesterday I managed to get True Type fonts working for the first time ever
(on XFree86-4.1.0) and today (XFree86-4.2.0) KDE gives me a blank gray screen
if I try to include them the same way I did before.  Bitstream charter =>
downgrade time  :)

-David