Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:19:00 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.org (David E. O'Brien)
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/binutils

Hi David,

For the last 3 days make release on -current has died here with gs and
pnmtopng crashing with a bus error during the part where it builds the
documentation. Three days ago is about when your binutils upgrade went
in. Can you try and build gs (ghostscript-gnu) or pnmtopng (netpbm) and
just see if you can run it? If I try to run it in the release chroot
area it crash immediately:

toby# chroot /a/snaps/5.0-20020130-SNAP/
toby# gs
Bus error (core dumped)
toby#

At first I thought it might be the rtld-elf, which also changed about 3
days ago, but I copied an older version of /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 into
the chroot area and the result is the same.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org