Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:57:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Byron Schlemmer <byron.schlemmer@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting a FujiFilm camera

Hi folks,

	I have a FujiFilm FinePix 2800z that I'm trying to access on
FreeBSD. It uses SmartMedia flash cards. When I plug it in I get the
following in /var/log/message :

Feb 12 12:42:36 pan /kernel: ugen0: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. USB Mass
Storage, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 7

I then try to mount it using variations of

	mount /dev/da0s1 /mnt/camera

Which results in

mount: /dev/da0s1: Device not configured

I do know that the device works and mounts under other OSs. Also I know
that the USB port works correctly to.

Is this device supported on FreeBSD? I have read the archives an it
seems folks were having similar problems back in Aug 2001. Have the been
any advancements since then?

Hints? Directions to kernel source ... ;)

	-byron

--

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."

       -- Henry Spencer