Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:20:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Ryan Johnson" <rjohnson_14@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/35061: After printing to HP Deskjet 656c USB printer, computer hangs

The following reply was made to PR kern/35061; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ryan Johnson" <rjohnson_14@hotmail.com>
To: joe@tao.org.uk
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:18:33 -0600

 >From: Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
 >To: Ryan Johnson <rjohnson_14@hotmail.com>
 >CC: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
 >Subject: Re: kern/35061: After printing to HP Deskjet 656c USB printer,
 >computer hangs
 >Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:15:40 +0000
 >From joe@tao.org.uk Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:17:45 -0800
 >
 >On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 11:19:37AM -0800, Ryan Johnson wrote:

 > > After any file is printed to a HP Deskjet 656c printer (USB), the system
 >hangs. I have enabled debugging for the ulpt driver, here is the output:
 > >
 > > ulptwrite
 > > ulpt_status: status=0x18 err=0
 > > ulptwrite: transfer 1024 bytes
 > > <these 3 messages repeated until printing is done>
 > > ulptwrite
 > > ulpt_status: status=0x18 err=0
 > > ulptwrite: transfer <number less than 1024> bytes
 > > ulpt_input: got some data
 > > <computer hangs here>
 >
 >Are you using the patch set that I announced on -stable a few days ago?
 >
 >Also, it's important to know which usb controller device you're using.
 >A copy of your dmesg should provide that information (uhci or ohci).
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Joe
 ><< attach3 >>

 I don't have access to the computer at the moment (home internet connection
 may be down) but the usb controller is uhci. If you need the dmesg I will
 post it when I get home. I cvsupped the day after your usb changes went into
 -stable (feb. 16th), so I do have the most current usb changes. The printer
 worked fine using the feb. 3rd -current snapshot, but it wouldn't even
 attempt to print in -stable until your recent usb changes were merged.

 Ryan