Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:09:14 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        Steven <steven@trance.org>, <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:    Re: AlphaStation 200 SCSI woes

How do "zero out" the first blocks ?

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Bernd Walter wrote:

ticso:>>On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:30:31AM -0000, Steven wrote:
ticso:>>> Hi,
ticso:>>>
ticso:>>> My machine is an AlphaStation 200 (200 4/233 with 192 meg RAM)
ticso:>>>
ticso:>>> I posted a questions to freebsd-questions earlier this evening (to which i
ticso:>>> had no replies). I appologise if this is the wrong mailing to be using, but
ticso:>>> I have been finding it really hard to find any information relevant to my
ticso:>>> hardware. The original problem was about booting from the 4.5 alpha cd
ticso:>>> (namely the keyboard stops working when the terminal type menu comes up).
ticso:>>> Searches on google and reading the hardware.txt file were of no help.
ticso:>>> Finally I found the archieves for this list and know now its because of my
ticso:>>> graphics card not being supported. IMHO it would be *really* useful to
ticso:>>> mention this in the hardware file. Although I have learnt a fair bit about
ticso:>>> my system in the past 6 hours whilst trying to figure it out, other people
ticso:>>> might just give up.
ticso:>>
ticso:>>It looks like sysinstall gets confused by the old disk content.
ticso:>>If you zero out the first blocks you should be able to install.
ticso:>>
ticso:>>--
ticso:>>B.Walter              COSMO-Project         http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso:>>ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de
ticso:>>
ticso:>>
ticso:>>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
ticso:>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-alpha" in the body of the message