Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:50:14 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Stefan Farfeleder <e0026813@stud3.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>, stable at FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: My first world build and install

If memory serves me right, Stefan Farfeleder wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:44:57AM -0600, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:

> > What other defines are required for a "-RELEASE distribution build"? Anyone
> ?
> > If I must re-rebuild the world, I want to get it right this time.
>
> I've never done a 'make release', but I think you'll have to find those
> in src/release/Makefile.

I sense the potential for confusion here, due to an ambiguously-worded
question.

I think the original poster wanted to know "what Makefile variables
should I set in order to update all the bits on my disk that I got with
my last -RELEASE"?

This is different from how you (quite reasonably) interpreted the
question, which seems to be "What Makefile variables should I set in
order to make a FreeBSD distribution, such as what I might burn to a
CDROM?"

Bottom line:  I don't think that src/release/Makefile is going to help
him much.

Bruce.